Sunday, October 21, 2007

No Easy Way

Isn't it disheartening just how upset and frustrated you can get with yourself because of dieting and exercise? Looking back on last week, I don't think there was even one day where I want proud of my eating habits. It could be because of my all-or-nothing mentality, but even so, I just don't seem to be getting in the nutritious and healthy foods I need.

At least today I hit the gym. My last session of physical therapy is on Wednesday and then I'm free to go. That means I no longer have an excuse for not hitting the gym! It just gets tough when you try to balance everything out. What takes priority? Should you put diet and fitness in the top five, even when you don't think it deserves to be there?

Perhaps that's worded poorly. Of course it deserves to be there. Everyone needs to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Not leading a healthy life right now only leads to problems in the future, problems where you can look back and say, "Remember when I didn't think my health was worthy enough to be a priority? Boy if I had know then..."

But the problem is, we do know. We know what we have to do. We know we need to eat right and exercise. We know this. As with other things, though, it's always easier said than done.

Has anyone found good ways to really ensure that health is a priority in their life, without really making it a time-consuming and thought-consuming ordeal? Has anyone found a true motivation or factor that really gets them to hit the gym and really consider what they're about to eat?

Sometimes it's just so much easier to pop in a frozen meal or go through the drive thru than cook a healthy meal. Sometimes it's just so much easier to skip the gym and vow to go tomorrow, even when you know full well that you won't. But the easy way won't get you good health or a longer life. I've realized that; now I just have to overcome that and start doing something about it.

No comments: