Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Day 2

Today was a little better. Now that I know I actually have to post for anyone to see what I'm actually eating, I find it easier to really evaluate what I'm eating and if I really need it.

8:00 - Bowl of Quaker Oat Squares with skim milk
12:30 - Fiber One Bar, 24 oz. of water
3:00 - Honey ham sandwhich with two slices of 100% whole grain wheat bread - no mayo! Diet Pepsi max (more caffeine than Diet Pepsi)
5:30 - Big Smith sandwhich at local deli (this unfortunately had mayo, mustard and probably sandwhich meat that wasn't as good for me as, say, turkey); 32 oz. Diet Coke
7:15 - Fruit and yogurt parfait from McDonalds, 32 oz. Diet Coke

I started off the day strong, especially with water. I bypassed my normal wake-me-up Diet Coke, and it wasn't as bad as I though. I didn't have a slight headache from the caffeine withdrawal, but I made it through the morning.

For some reason I'm still addicted to pop. I think part of the appeal is that it's just so easy to grab. Instead of getting a glass, pouring the water, sometimes adding ice and having something that lacks flavor, you can just reach into the fridge and grab a can of pop. It's so much easier. Maybe I need to lose that lazy mentality to actually see results. Who knows. But hopefully I'm on the right track in terms of eating. One can only hope.

Until tomorrow...

No comments: