Monday, August 6, 2007

Success!

I have some slightly exciting news to report – I’ve lost 2.5 pounds!

This is not a joke (I even stepped on the scale four times to make sure it wasn’t just pulling my leg.)

Since my injury I’ve only weighed myself twice. Once was about a week and a half ago, fearing that I’d put on some weight due to inactivity because of my MCL. While the scale had gone up a bit, it wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought.

Then, Saturday morning, I held my breath as I stepped on the scale – and saw that it went down. I couldn’t have been more excited!

What’s great is that it means what I’m doing is working. For the last 8 days, there have only been 2 days where I’ve eaten past 8 p.m., I haven’t had any pop and I’ve only had seconds twice. Although I am slightly disgruntled that I can’t continue with my walks yet (although the physical therapist did change my leg brace so that I can start bending when I walk), at least I’m compensating by really taking a hard look at my eating habits and changing them for the better.

Just wanted to share in my excitement. : ) Isn’t it crazy how a simple number on the scale can either make or break your day?

1 comment:

path said...

good for you, Liz. You're on the right track.