Sunday, September 16, 2007

Tales from the Scale

I hate stepping on the scale. Isn't it silly how worked up we get over a number on the scale? I shouldn't be afraid of this little contraption...yet its affects can be huge, particularly on my mood and self-esteem.

Thankfully, I had a positive experience on Saturday morning. Right before my shower before I ate or drank anything, I loomed over the scale, knowing I probably wasn't going to like the number displaying back at me. It's been two weeks back at school where I can't seem to get in the swing of things as far as my health goes. I took a deep breath and braced myself.

Surprisingly the scale has gone down. About 2 pounds to be exact.

How does that happen? I looked back at my eating habits, and I think it's because I'm not eating as much as I really think. The foods I eat aren't as healthy, but I'm not eating as much as I did during the summer. During the summer I had the whole evening free to snack, but now that I'm back to classes, homework and organizations, I tend to keep myself busy.

I also think it's because I'm eating breakfast more continually and I bring around my liter water bottle to every class and meeting I have on campus. While I do typically have my diet coke in the morning or early afternoon to wake myself up, I mostly just drink water and tea, which is definitely a healthier option.

This week doesn't look to be as stressful as last, so I'm hoping some of my focus and attention can go back to eating right. I don't want to lose sight of my goals, and I don't want to give up on the Eat Right Challenge just yet. I've already lost 7 pounds on it. That's huge for me! People might not be able to tell, but looking down at the scale isn't as terrifying as it used to be.

I hope you are finding the same success as well!

No comments: