Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Fat Pants

I think I had one of the best and worst feelings in the world yesterday.

Sunday I went shopping for new jeans. My old knee brace, because of the vast amount of Velcro, ripped a hole in three pairs of my jeans. So on Sunday, I embarked on a mission to find new jeans to replace the old.

Yesterday morning I put on my new jeans and about mid-day, I was starting to get really frustrated with them. They just weren't fitting right and I just didn't feel as comfortable in them. Typically I need to wear jeans a few times to break them in, but more than anything, I just wanted to return the jeans.

Why?


They were too big.

That was a "WOW" moment for me. My weight has fluctuated in the last few years, but I’ve never really had the experience of pants not fitting right. I’ve had them feel tighter, but I’d never thought to myself, “Wow, I wish these were a smaller size so they would fit better.”

I always wondered if I would get to experience the joy of your normal size not fitting right anymore. You see commercials and ads of people who have lost weight, and they’re holding up their ‘fat jeans.’ I’d always wanted fat jeans. Not that these classify as fat jeans, but still.

The bad news? I spent $30 on jeans that are too big.

No comments: