Sunday, September 2, 2007

Continuing the Challenge

It's hard to believe it's already Sept. 2. The Eat Right Challenge is technically over, but people are encouraged to continue it through the fall. I will most definitely be one of those people.

Since moving back to campus Friday, I feel like I've eaten nothing but crap. I'm sure once I get back into a regular schedule I can better monitor my eating habits, but it gets tough when you're in a new environment. I thought it would be a piece of cake making that transition...but I was wrong. Probably because I'm already trying to adapt to other changes in my life.

The biggest problem is that I've been eating out. Too much. I think I've only eaten one meal at home since I've been here. I've tried to be health conscious when deciding what to eat, but sometimes temptation gets the better of me. I did keep in mind the Eat Right Challenge fast food tips, and I actually ordered grilled chicken....but I also ate the fries. And I'm back to drinking Diet Coke. It just hasn't been a healthy weekend.

But I'm hoping that will change this week as I really keep the Eat Right Challenge in mind. What's cool is that I did find some success with the challenge. In August I lost 4-6 pounds (depending on the time and day I weigh myself) and I just felt better about my outlook on health and life. I've found (and I'm sure it's been proven somewhere) that when you really make an effort with solid, healthy lifestyle changes, you just feel better. It may be a physical or emotional thing, but I did notice a difference in my attitude and how I felt about myself.

Now I just need to get back on track.

No comments: