Friday, November 30, 2007

It's All Related

Yesterday in one of my classes, the professor was talking about cause-effect relationships. To provide an example, he talked about how what we eat and put into our bodies effects factors we may not even realize. He said he can really notice a difference in his two kids in their school performance, their attitudes and their energy levels based on what they ate for dinner.

One thing I'm starting to realize is just how in tune our bodies are with everything. It really is affected by everything. This week, for example, I ate a healthy breakfast and lunch Monday through Wednesday, and my mood steadily improved. Then yesterday and today my lunch wasn't so healthy, and I can sense the difference. It's not a substantial difference, but it doesn't go unnoticed.

This only furthers our need to eat right and really monitor what we do to our bodies (not exercising, not sleeping enough, stressing) and what we put into our bodies (cookies, pop, alcohol, large amounts of carbs). Sometimes it's just frustrating to know that what you do to your body reflects in everything else, and you either realize it too late, or you notice it, but don't make it a priority to change.

Not that I should be getting on soapbox. Things are always easier said than done. But I just thought that was something worth noting. Any experiences you have had? Do you notice a difference as well, or is it just in my head?

No comments: