Wednesday, June 18, 2008

One or the Other

One thing that's always intrigued me about weightloss is how much your thought process changes. A week or so ago, I was reading a weightloss book that I was really enjoying. It got me excited about the potential and I really felt like this was something I could do. My motivation was at an all time high. I was ready.

A week later, I'm eating like crap. And I'm back to drinking diet soda. But I'm working out more.

My problem with my health seems to be that I'm more focus on one and not the other. I can work out 5 days a week....but then it seems like my heathly eating plummets. Then I'll focus on eating right, but for some reason my effort to workout drops.

I'm not sure if I just feel like it takes too much brain power, or if my mind tricks me into thinking that I can be more lienient with what I'm eating or drinking because I'm working out. But really, you have to do both to lose weight.

It's equally frustrating because I'm working out much more consistently....but I don't feel like it. And I definitely don't look like it. It almost feels like my jeans are getting tighter, and that's never a good sign. Maybe someone like me needs a mapped out schedule - these are the days and times I'm working out, and these are my meal plans for the week.

That, however, goes back to motivation. I'll have it when I plan my week, but on Wednesday night am I going to want to follow through with it? Who knows. I just know this can't be exercising or eating right for long. It's got to be both, or I'm in trouble.

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

Hi Liz, I read your latest blog entry and I have to say, that's impressive that you've been working out more consistently lately (can you use back-to-back adverbs?) Anyway, that's probably a good start to a good exercise regime. As long as you keep a consistent workout schedule, I'd imagine you'll feel more healthy, which might make you feel healthier! I'll be rootin' for ya.